Miguel Antonio N. Lizada holds a PhD in Comparative Literature from The University of Hong Kong. He is also an alumnus of the School of Criticism and Theory at Cornell University and the Institute for World Literature at Harvard University. His research areas are Asian literatures in English, world cinema, and gender and sexuality. At HSUHK, Dr Lizada is currently part of the teaching team for English for Effective Communication, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Business Communication.
|PublicationsBooksRecent Conference Presentations|
- ?“So Happy Together… Too: Contemporary Philippine Gay Comedy and the Queering of Chinese-Filipino Liminality”?Keywords in Queer Sinophone Studies. Edited by Howard Chiang and Alvin Wong. Routledge, 2020, pp 103-131.
- ?“When She Started Acting Queer: A Queer Gothic Reading of Nick Joaquin’s The Woman Who Had Two Navels.”?Kritika Kultura, vol 30/31, 2018. pp 438 – 454.
- “Masculinity, Patronage Politics, and the Feminization of School Spirit in the Ateneo-La Salle UAAP Rivalry.”?Philippine Sociological Review,? vol 63, 2015, pp. 191-216.
- 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World.? Vibal, 2015. (co-authored with Louie Jon Sanchez, Roy Tristan Agustin, and Jose Mari Cuartero)
|TopRecent Conference Presentations|
- “Teach the Children Well: Ishmael Bernal’s?Manila by Night?and the Queering of Manila’s Reproductive Futurism” and “The Loves that Bring us to Life: Thai BL and the Post-1997 Political Economy of Thailand.”? SEASIA 2019: Change and Resistance. Academica Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan. 5-7 December 2019.
- “Re-entry of the Phoenix: Daniel Wu and the Queering of the Repatriated Transnational Star.” Situations 2019. Nanyang Technological University. Singapore. 24-26 October 2019.
- “Queer stories from the Islands: The Role of Queer Theory in Philippine Literature.” The Institute for World Literature Colloquium on Postcolonial World Literatures. Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America. 16 July 2019.
- “Rooftop Queering: Scud’s Permanent Residence (2009) and Amphetamine (2010) and the Queering of Hong Kong.” Arts and the City Conference. Karoli Gaspar University of the Reformed Church and the Hungary Academy of Sciences. Budapest, Hungary.? 23 – 24 May 2019.
- ?“The Rise of the Queer Chinese-Filipino Son: Mano Po 4 (I Legal Wife) and the Political Economy of Queer Chinese-Filipino Liminality.” Sinophone Studies: Interdisciplinary Perspectives and Critical Reflections. University of California Los Angeles, California, United States of America. April 12-13 2019.