BBA, Dip CS (Chu Hai College)
School of Communication
Mr Rex Ma, Co—Founder of iGen6: A Digi-Marcom innovator for online branding & smart communities, oversees the group’s strategic roadmap and planning of overall business development. Established in 2010, iGen6 has been formed to enable the clients’ business growth and promotion needs through Innovation Management & Digi-Marcom best practices such as O2O branding platform services, Digital PR & Marketing as well as Smart Estate project development.
Mr Ma has established a huge and solid social network as well as people connection. He serves the community in the following leading roles currently, such as:
- President, Asia Pacific Creative Industries Association (2019-21)
- Vice President, Cyberport Startup Alumni Association
- Honorary Secretary, Hong Kong Federation of Design Association (2019-22)
- Council Member, Hong Kong Innovative Technology Development Association (2019-22)
- Advisor, SME Consultative Committee, China Lighting & Power Holding
- Subcommittee member - Promotion, Corporate Volunteering, HKSAR Social Welfare Department
- Advisor, Faculty of Business, Chu Hai College of High Education
- Industrial Fellow, Interdisciplinary Program Office, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
In the past, Mr Ma had also been
- Member, Design, Marketing & Licensing Services Advisory Committee, Hong Kong Trade Development Council (2013-17)
- Hon. Digital Advisor, Hong Kong Public Relations Professional Association (2014-18)
- Executive Director (External Affairs), Innovative Entrepreneur Association. (4 years)
- External Examiner, Multimedia & Internet Technology Programme of Vocational Training Council (4 years)
- Co-Chairperson, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Club, Hong Kong Computer Society
- Chairperson, ICT Committee of Lions Clubs International 303, Hong Kong & Macao, China (3 years)
- Past President (2011-12), Lions Clubs of Hong Kong (Pacific)
- Senator, Junior Chamber International
- Speakers in other professional associations e.g. Hong Kong Institute of Certified Professional Accountants, Hong Kong Society for China Accountants & Auditors, and Hong Kong Computer Society, etc.
Prior to co-founding iGen6, Mr Ma was the Principal Solution Consultant and Solution Architect for Oracle Corp., the Global 500 Corporation’s Hong Kong branch of the Greater China Region and provided his enterprise solution consulting (ERP, SCM, CRM, EAM, HCM) advice for conglomerates, Government as well as State Owned enterprises for 11 years in Asia Pacific Region. Prior to Oracle, Mr Ma was working as business consultant, R&D programmer in UK-based and Singapore based technology companies for more than 15 years.
Mr Ma earned his Master of Information Technology Management Degree from Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Australia. Meanwhile, he was accredited as Certified Social Marketing Associate, e-Marketing Association from US.